WavePark Mentawai All-Inclusive Trip Package
Learn more about how WavePark trips work
A private tropical island. Access to over 26 named waves and many more secret ones. Complete immersion in nature, with surroundings of lush jungle, turquoise water, white sand, and coral reefs.
You traveled far to get here because you’re looking for a unique experience, far away from commercial resorts and over-crowded waves. With a maximum of 12 guests at a time, we at WavePark are here to provide a customized experience for each guest. You won’t need to do anything other than decide whether you want to surf, fish, snorkel or read on the beach that day.
Your All-Inclusive Price Includes:
- Transfers between the Padang airport and hotel in Padang for you and all your luggage in air conditioned comfort
- Tour guide while in Padang, on call 24/7
- Accommodation in one of our 6 WavePark Mentawai Bungalows
- Guided surfing and fishing speedboat service all day, everyday
3 meals a day and resort-provided drinks, such as cordial, iced tea, fresh ginger lemongrass, and fresh coconut water
- Exclusive use of our entire private island, which has a maximum capacity of 12 guests at a time
- All WavePark facilities, including ping pong and pool games room, photography platforms, frisbee golf course, and TV/DVD/Digital projector
- Guided activities including snorkeling trips, fishing excursions, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking and guided coconut plantation tours
- Access to extras such as massage services, full bar, satellite telephone, recording studio, wireless high speed internet, and a full-time resort photographer
- Access to surfing further afield in Telescopes, Scarecrows, and Icelands (Regular season only)
- Mentawai Government’s 10% Hotel tax is included in your daily price
What is not included:
- International flights to and from Padang
- Rp. 1,000,000 Mentawai Government Surfer Tax for 15 days surfing in Mentawai islands (about 75 USD)
- Luggage porter services
- Padang – Mentawai – Padang speedboat transfer ($500 USD)
- Any transport aside from airport – hotel – harbor
- Alcoholic drinks and canned beverages
- Food and hotel accommodation while staying in Padang
What it’s like to stay at WavePark Mentawai
Here’s a sample itinerary for an 8 night visit:
Day 1: A WavePark guide picks you up at the airport and takes you to your Padang hotel in air-conditioned comfort. See the sights in Padang, and get some rest before you embark on your trip to paradise.
Day 2: We’ll pick you up at the hotel and take you to our private speedboat for the trip to WavePark’s private Mentawai island. When you arrive, we’ll check you into your beachfront bungalow and give you an orientation of the island over lunch and a fresh coconut from the plantation.
Day 3: Today you wake up in secluded paradise. Enjoy a hot breakfast made to order including fresh tropical fruits, homemade granola, french toast, eggs cooked anyway you like with bacon and toast, or the famous “3 tigers” omelette. Occasional breakfast “specials” are available too like eggs florentine/benedict, Skinny McMuffin, and black-rice porridge. WavePark also makes espresso coffees for an extra boost, or enjoy our sumatran coffee plunger and indonesian tea station, available 24/7.
Here for adrenaline? Grab your gear and hop on the speedboat to surf the waves you came to Mentawai for. Or, stay on the island and surf our local wave called hideaways, right out front. Either way you will have a speedboat, a personal guide making the calls, drinks and snacks all ready to keep you in the water surfing the best sessions we can find. At sunset, join the other guests for a cold beer or cocktail from our fully stocked bar while you watch the sun set. Once it’s dark, you can relive the day’s best action on a large screen with video, photographs and drone shots captured by our professional photographer team.
Day 4: Try your hand at fishing. We’ll take you out to the reef with a cooler of beer and sodas, and trawl for trevali, dog-toothed tuna, trevali, spanish mackerel and more.
Days 5-8: For each day of the trip, choose your own adventure. You can spend all day every day surfing, and not run out of new waves to visit. When you take a day to relax and unwind, make an appointment with our on-site masseuse. Here on a family vacation? Enjoying the beach together and partake in any of our family-friendly activities like snorkeling and kayaking.
Day 9: We’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll become one of our guests that come back every year. Our speedboat will take you back to Padang, where you’ll stay another night before it’s time to board your flight back to the real world. You’ll have access to the professional photos taken during your stay so that you can relive your time at WavePark until your next visit.
Join us on the WavePark island for the surf trip of your life. Drop us a line below to book your spot!